Today’s beauty trends often strike with originality, and one of the most striking makeup trends for several seasons is red-eye makeup. At first glance, this bold solution is suitable only for a spectacular exit, but popular makeup can quickly enter everyday life.
What do you need to know about using red eyeshadow to achieve soft eye makeup that harmoniously complements any look? You should follow the step-by-step instructions and recommendations for applying and combining cosmetics for the perfect makeup that emphasizes the advantages.
How To Apply Red Shadows
The red color in eye makeup is a trendy solution, and professional makeup artists, not afraid to experiment, apply red shadow to the entire mobile eyelid. However, this is not the only option for using red shadows, and it is vital to take into account some nuances:
- If you look tired and sleep deprived, you should not wear red eye makeup because even the right shades cannot help you look unhealthy.
- If your eyes are irritated or inflamed, makeup application should be preceded by soothing eye drops to avoid a watery-eye effect. In the case of specific medical contraindications, eye makeup should be avoided.
- Do not use only matte shades in your makeup. Such a decision is appropriate for creating eccentric makeup. In other cases, it is better to prefer a combination using shadows with a satin finish, as well as with the addition of a shimmer.
- To create an expressive look, use shadows in complementary tones: burgundy, purple, gray, beige, etc.
If you follow the application technique, it is possible to make a bright accent to the image, attracting many admiring glances. Thanks to the variety of palettes, including a broad palette of shades of shadows, it is easy to choose the correct option to create the perfect makeup.
Red Eye Makeup Step By Step
Shades of scarlet will help emphasize the individuality and be suitable for evening gowns or can be used for classic everyday makeup. It would help if you chose the right shade.
Daytime makeup is performed according to the following sequence of actions:
- A shade of red-pink shadow with shimmer is applied to the moving eyelid.
- In the outer corner of the eye, add a darker shade with a matte finish, which should be shaded.
- In the center of the upper eyelid, apply a lighter shimmering shade and shrink the border.
- Next, you will need a shadow in delicate light golden shades, which should be applied to the eye’s inner corner.
- To give an expressive effect, you can lift the bottom line of the mucosa with a black or dark gray pencil.
- At the end of the makeup, the eyelashes are covered with mascara, which will help to emphasize the expressiveness of the eyes.
The instructions for creating evening makeup in red tones are slightly different and consist of the following steps:
- Apply warm red eyeshadow with gold shimmer to the entire mobile eyelid area.
- Applying beige and brown eyeshadow to the eyelid’s crease and shading the borders (without mixing the shades).
- Drawing the shaded arrow with a black pencil.
- Eyeliner with a pencil of the same color for the lower lash line, shading, and eyeliner for the lower eyelid mucosa.
- Applying light gold or eyeshadow in shimmery tones, like blue, in the inner corner.
- Apply lengthening mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
Many variations of using red eye shadows in makeup are possible, including creating the smoky eye or smoky-eye effect, which many fashionistas love.
Who Should Do Red Eye Makeup?
Makeup with red shadows is one of the versatile solutions emphasizing any appearance’s advantages. This makeup looks excellent on the owners of brown and green eyes and emphasizes the eyes. It is perfect for both blondes and brunettes and will be the basis for different fashionable images.
Girls with fair skin are recommended to choose shadows with a less bright pigment, and orange-red and cherry shades will visually emphasize the bronze tan. It is better not to complete such makeup with lipstick in the tone of shadows and to use lighter shades. If it is necessary to make a double accent: on the lips and eyes, in that case, you should try another saturated shade, for example, plum or eggplant.
The rest should be based on personal preferences. Do not be afraid of unusual experiments, and choose shades of red to always remain at the peak of fashion.