When people hear of Anthracite, they often imagine gray. However, Anthracite is deeper, richer and more varied. Depending on the combination with other colors, it reveals itself in different ways and brings different accents on certain details of the image.
Table of Contents
What Color Is Anthracite?
Coal is named after one of the finest kinds of coal. It has a dark gray, almost black tint, sometimes with a violet cast. Gradations of anthracite also have a metallic tint. Their complex rich reflections require careful, attentive combinations.
Pure anthracite is a very dark shade of gray. The name “charcoal” is well suited to it.
Used as follows:
- In clothes and accessories. It allows you to create a strict business image, but can also be used as an accent in the evening image. Accessories and shoes in its colors remain popular because of its richness and depth, the universality of combination with any image.
- In colorism. Hairstyles in which Anthracite is the main or auxiliary are very popular. On the basis of this tone, the brightness of non-standard colors is emphasized. It allows you to create a smooth transition between varieties of black, gray and white.
- In the interior. It is especially popular in the design in the Scandinavian style, loft style. It should be combined with light, bright colors, natural textures and materials.
Anthracite is easily combined with a variety of classic and muted tones, but it is difficult to choose a bright range. They can bring a distinct element of discord to a look that uses charcoal.
Anthracite has a huge number of shades that feature a rich, multifaceted color profile. The following varieties stand out among charcoal gray:
- Anthracite black;
- Blue Anthracite;
- Graphite gray;
- Slate gray;
- Anthracite Purple.
All shades differ from each other with different undertones, but have a rich structure and the same charcoal gray at their core.
Use anthracite colors with caution. Combining them as a pair is challenging, both in outfits and in the interior, not every color will work. The choice of a literate combination emphasizes the beauty and richness of combinations. The wrong proximity will make both colors disharmonious, anthracite – too dark and much less voluminous.
Pay attention! To choose the right combination of charcoal with others in the interior or in clothing, you need to pay attention to the cast, so that there is no dissonance between the colors.
The darkest of the varieties, anthracite black has a deep structure and a close resemblance to ordinary black. However, unlike it, anthracite black seems slightly faded, softer and more restrained. It is one of the most suitable solutions for business style outfits.
Anthracite blue has a blue cast that distinguishes it from other varieties. The depths of gray conceal a sapphire color. It is a deep, calm color that blends well with other colors that have a blue glow.
Graphite gray is a much lighter, warmer shade that, like Anthracite, lies between gray and black. It is used in Scandinavian and loft style interior design. Its richness and versatility make it a favorite with interior designers. Unlike the basic Anthracite, Graphite is lighter, but much less saturated and versatile.
Calm, neutral, dark slate gray is not much different from graphite. It is also popular in interior decorating because of its neutrality as an accent or main color. Gray slate must be paired with light colors to dilute the gloominess and create a cozy space.
Like the other Anthracite varieties, Anthracite Violet is rich and multifaceted, with depth. It has a purple undertone, which can be emphasized with the purple range of paints. Anthracite-Purple combines the softest with Purple, creating a transition that’s seamless, soft, and pleasing to the eye.
Important: The proper selection of Anthracite colors allows you to use it in the interior, clothing, makeup, hair and nail design. However, on its own, this color and shades may seem exceptionally gloomy, so you should pay attention to combinations with others.
Combination Of Anthracite With Other Colors
In order to intelligently combine charcoal with other colors, it is necessary to understand the composition of this complex shade. This color is based on blue or purple, both of which are the basis of the overall color. The different shades of charcoal look gorgeous with different tones, both intense and neutral:
- The neutral range when combined with charcoal is suitable for creating an austere, sensual office look or a relaxed casual look.
- Light creates a calm, cozy casual look when juxtaposed with charcoal gray, and can also be used in office style clothing.
- Bright colors in combination with anthracite create a memorable image for going out, but can also be used in everyday life.
Pay attention! Any combination must be chosen wisely, so as not to have an overabundance of accent color.
Anthracite and neutral
The juxtaposition of charcoal with neutral colors emphasizes status and sense of style. The following varieties are considered the most suitable choice:
- Light gray;
One of the best ideas for selecting a formal closet and office attire is this. At the same time stylish and austere, these tones match the dress code and give the office outfit a twist.
Combination with light shades
Light shades of different tones when combined with charcoal can create the perfect office look, as well as a casual or even evening look. They complement each other and harmonize perfectly. The following varieties can make a perfect neighborhood with anthracite black:
- Light pink. For this combination, choosing soft, not bright, cool shades that will not conflict with charcoal in temperature is necessary. A light contrast gives the image a zest and a certain subtlety.
- Light orange. On the background of dark charcoal gray orange seems to shine, diluting the main cloudy color, adds warmth and brightness to the image. This combination will look good in autumn time.
- Light Yellow. This color gives a catchy, even defiant juxtaposition, but yellow with orange or gold undertones in combination with charcoal gray will dilute the overall gloominess of the gamut and make the image more warm and joyful. Do not be afraid to choose a color with glitter: light golden will also be appropriate.
- Light green. Depending on the temperature of the color, the image will have different moods. For example, warm green will create a warm and bright contrast with anthracite-carbon, against which a light and intense color will look more lively and emotional. Cool green will give the image nobility, calmness, brightness.
- Light blue. Blue and anthracite black are combined with each other due to the presence of blue or purple undertones in both tones, so for a perfect combination you should choose blue with a light lilac shade. Both colors in combination give a calm, austere, mature look, which is suitable for everyday wear and festive events.
- Light Purple. The juxtaposition with purple looks much less contrasting due to the overlap of the undertones. It forms a calm, melancholic, mature, stylish, austere image. Light purple with red undertones will be a noble continuation of charcoal gray.
- Light brown. This juxtaposition gives the appearance of mystery, vintage. Avoiding contrasts, these colors come together in a close-to-nature fusion of two multifaceted, rich colors. The only contrast that exists between them visibly is thermal.
In combining charcoal gray with light shades of other colors, it is important to consider the mood created in each case and the type of appearance of the person for whom the combination is chosen.
Anthracite and bright combinations
Anthracite black can be a great base for clothing with bright accessories and details. Thanks to its simultaneous complexity and neutrality, it combines with many intense colors in clothes and forms a catchy, memorable image for a festive event or everyday wear.
Pay attention! When combining the charcoal tone with bright colors it is better to use only two colors in the clothes, because otherwise there is a great risk to overload the image and make it too heavy. When you combine Anthracite with bright colors be careful not to overdo the amount of bright colors.
The most suitable combinations with anthracite would be the following paints:
- Bright pink. Bright hints of pink should correspond to the cold range, so as not to create too strong a contrast and not to be knocked out of the image. Good suit purple, amaranth, fuchsia, which will create a harmonious, bright, memorable image.
- Reds and varieties. When choosing varieties of red to combine with charcoal, limiting your choice to more muted, soft tones is necessary. It is not necessary to take an intense red, but burgundy, wine, ruby, and carmine are the most suitable colors for combining them with anthracite.
- Orange. Bright orange will look on the background of anthracite boldly, clinging, winning. Warm contrast with charcoal black will shade the main color, make the image more friendly and sunny.
- Gold and yellow. Gold will add sparkle to the image. Such a combination, which at first seems quite provocative, in fact creates an intriguing, catchy image. Of the types of yellow, it is better to choose those that have an orange undertone. It’s a perfect match for anthracite, mustard, saffron.
- Warm Green. Varieties of this color must be chosen carefully. Only pure colors are well combined with anthracite, which on its background open up and seem more vivid. Pea tints, olive, marsh green are well combined with the contrasting dark.
- Cool Green. Cold green color wins through the contrast of brightness and light. Intense and muted emeralds, which fully express mystery, mystery, reveal their depth, are especially revealing against the background of charcoal. The combination of anthracite with wormwood, emerald, malachite, patina looks prestigious and stylish.
- Blue. Blue combined with anthracite creates a flowing image. The colors flow into each other and complement each other, creating a unified picture. What unites them is the blue undertone, which is present in the charcoal gray. The best combinations are cobalt, royal blue, sapphire, and cornflower.
- Purple. Vivid purple gives an unusual but smooth and least harsh juxtaposition. In it, anthracite with purple or blue undertones flows into different tints of purple. Among the most suitable shades for such a look are amethyst, blackberry, milk thistle, eggplant and plum. Particular attention should be paid to purple with a red undertone, which enhances the contrast and makes the combination more interesting.
- Brown. As one of the complex and multifaceted colors, Brown requires caution when combining with charcoal color. The correct juxtaposition gives a certain vintage, unusual image, the more so as both colors belong to the natural ones. Among the varieties of brown, the best fit are cocoa, cocoa with milk, mahogany, golden brown and chocolate.
Important: All bright colors should not have too strong a contrast with the main tone. If an intense color is chosen as the main color, there should not be too many elements in the charcoal color.
Anthracite Color In Manicures
This color can be a base color in a manicure, but it is necessary to consider the features. Anthracite varieties can look advantageous on short nails, but for long nails it is better to use a design, rhinestones or other shades to complement them. However, Anthracite itself is neutral and suitable for both everyday and holiday manicures.
Anthracite – In The Interior
In interiors, anthracite is synonymous with brevity and austerity. It adds gloss, peace, and luxury to the room’s appearance, suitable for restrained and sophisticated people. In this case, the following rules of use in the design of rooms should be taken into account:
- Combine with light colors. Most often used with white, beige, light gray in order to avoid excessive gloom, to give a zest to the interior and emphasize the depth of charcoal gray.
- A suitable combination would be elements in bronze, brass, silver or gold. A little glitter will dilute the gloominess and coldness of anthracite gray and make it more neutral, soft.
- Natural textured materials such as stone, wood, leather, metal will favorably emphasize the calm luxury of the primary color and make it less oppressive and gloomy.
- As an accent anthracite should be used very moderately, so as not to give the interior a pressing gloom and heaviness.
Anthracite has recently become a frequently used tone in interiors of various styles. Its colors and their undertones are a discovery for designers who want to create a unique color scheme for an interior.
Anthracite On Hair – Fashion Ideas
Depending on your skin type, choosing the Anthracite variety that suits your skin tone and appearance is necessary. In the hands of a skilled colorist, this paint can have different shades, ranging from pearly to graphite.
When choosing a tint, it is necessary to assess the base on which the paint will be applied, and to choose lightening and grooming products.
In combination with other colors Anthracite can give a striking, noble transition. It can acting as used in creative coloring as well as in monochrome coloring. In creative coloring, it can acting as combined with bright, pastel, base colors in different ratios, acting as an accent or a backdrop.
Anthracite In Clothing
Anthracite is mostly used in clothing for fall collections. Its richness and tranquility shades the “summer” color type, while the varieties with purple undertones favorably emphasize the “autumn” color type. It often becomes the base color in the following items of clothing:
- Outerwear. Thanks to its non-marking and resistant structure it does not lose its attractiveness, hides, hides small spots, which appear on the outer clothing when it is worn. It slims, which is important for women’s clothing, hides figure flaws.
- Classic suits. In classic business clothing, charcoal gray emphasizes austere, business style. It is deeper than other grays and blacks and has a certain mystique. Anthracite is suitable for combining with other classic colors.
- Dresses. Most often they refer to business outfits. Winning basic color hides the disadvantages of the figure and create an attractive, strict, adult silhouette. Complementing the image with catchy accessories, you can completely change its mood.
- Shoes. Persistent, non-marking, calm color most often found in the fall and winter collections of shoes. Shoes of this color are suitable for most outfits, shades them, adds them severity, and calmness.
- Accessories. Anthracite often produces bags and clutches, which can be used to emphasize the brightness of the image’s main color and add austerity, style, calmness and stability to the image. Such things make the image more mature, feminine.
Anthracite is polysemantic, rich, and functional. The use of clothing gives the impression of austerity, style, and uniqueness. When used in interiors, they allow for the creation of bright accents, emphasizing the juxtaposition of colors and highlighting various details of the room. When Anthracite is used correctly in a manicure, it creates a stunning look, stylish combination.