Persistent makeup and a beautiful and healthy complexion – that’s what requires the use of a base, which is a primer. This new product appeared on the market not long ago, but it has already gained popularity among women and girls of all ages. The makeup base perfectly protects the skin from negative influences and effectively hides any imperfections.
What Is Primer For Oily Skin
Maintaining makeup throughout the day is very difficult, especially if your skin is oily. Primer is a unique product that will help to fix the makeup and protect the skin from any irritation from the outside. The main task of the primer is to even out the surface layer of the epidermis and the subsequent preparation of the basis for daytime or evening makeup. The benefits of using an effective product:
- visual narrowing of the pores;
- marinating the surface of the dermis;
- elimination of irritation and inflammation;
- alignment of facial tone.
The foundation can be used to apply your foundation evenly and prevent it from rolling. As a result, the makeup will not bleed even by the end of the day, and the makeup will remain perfect. In addition, the primer will facilitate the contouring process and help hide imperfections.
The market of cosmetic products is represented by a large selection of primers from different manufacturers. All products designed to create a base are classified according to their composition into:
- Silicone-based products. The primer is used to smooth the skin and visually eliminate all kinds of irregularities.
- Mineral products. They differ in the content of mineral components in the composition, thanks to which it is possible to prevent inflammatory processes and improve the tone of the face.
- Water bases. Mattifies the upper layers of the dermis and moisturizes and nourishes the skin with valuable substances. The main advantage of the product is that it does not clog pores.
A primer is also grouped by consistency. Manufacturers produce products whose texture resembles:
- Cream. Such products additionally moisturize the skin. The disadvantage is the weighting of the epidermis.
- Emulsion. Means for fans of light textures. The product almost does not feel when applied and effectively nourishes the dermis.
- Gel. Such a form does not require much effort when applied. It is quickly absorbed.
- Spray. The simplest variant that will fix the makeup for a long time.
Finally, primers come in different shades. The color determines the properties of the product:
- Green. Designed for oily skin. The product reduces inflammation, dries, and restores the smoothness of the epithelium. Apply locally to areas that need protection and care.
- Yellow and pink. Primers of these shades are aimed at eliminating black eyes.
- Purple. A remedy to restore the elasticity of the dermis and prevent premature aging.
- White. Necessary if you need to lighten your facial tone.
For those with oily skin, mineral formulas are preferable. Absorbent ingredients will help in the fight against inflammation.
How To Use
Primer acts mainly as an aid in getting permanent and new makeup. The main recommendations for the use of the cosmetic product:
- Before applying the composition to the skin, your face should be thoroughly cleansed with special cleansers.
- The dermis should be additionally moisturized before using the primer. This can be done with a nourishing cream with a light texture.
- You should apply a small amount of the substance using a makeup brush or sponge.
- To make the primer evenly layer, gently apply it to the areas you want to smooth. Rubbing and trying to force the product is not recommended.
- You can also use the primer to treat T-zone or other problem areas if necessary.
You can apply makeup only after the foundation has been absorbed. It usually takes 5-10 minutes. If a green primer has been purchased, it is only used to cover problem areas.
Top 3 Primers
Manufacturers regularly release new products for fixing makeup. Therefore, choosing a suitable primer at once is not always possible. When buying a base, you should consider the composition and preference for a product with natural components. The rating of the top 3 best primers includes:
Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Primer
The product not only evens the dermis but also gives it a light sheen, narrows pores, and restores skin tenderness. Pros:
- light texture;
- shimmering shimmer;
- reasonable price.
The product belongs to the group of luxury cosmetics. The kit includes a dispenser for easy application.
Essence All about matt! Oil control makeup base
A German brand that is ideal for combination and oily skin, The gel texture is well absorbed and smoothes the surface of the dermis. After use, you can immediately apply makeup.
A long-lasting product with a mattifying effect. The product:
- masks pores;
- prevents inflammation;
- evens out tone.
The base will make your makeup last all day long.