Everyone has been touched by the problem of chapped lips, especially in winter. Moisturizer this season is in the pocket of every jacket. But the lips still look dry and ungroomed. The desire to have smooth and juicy lips occurs not only in winter. All year round, you want to have matte lipstick lay perfectly. In that case, a lip scrub will come to the rescue. The choice of these jars in stores is not the greatest, and they do not cost cheap. But it is easy to make a peel at home.
Why Do Lips Need Special Care?
There are no sebaceous glands on the lips, and the skin does not moisturize naturally. It loses moisture when it’s cold or hot and begins to peel and dry even more when it’s windy. If you lick your lips frequently, the water evaporates quickly, increasing the dryness of your skin. In addition, saliva contains small amounts of digestive enzymes that deplete and damage the epithelium. Therefore, it is important for lip care:
- Avoid dehydration and drink enough water.
- Monitor the intake of vitamins and include foods high in fatty acids in your diet
- Use products with SPF filters in the summertime
Benefits Of Homemade Scrub
The scrub contains abrasive particles that mechanically remove keratinized cells, making your lips more aesthetically pleasing. But lips also need hydration to prevent the epithelium from drying out and traumatizing the skin, so the scrub should contain a moisturizing component.
- Exfoliation – exfoliation of keratinized skin particles
- Stimulation of the blood circulation: lips gain luminous color, contours are marked
- Moisturises and nourishes the skin
- Stimulation of the regenerative process, smoothing out skin texture.
Recipes For Homemade Scrubs
There are many variations of such scrubs, all of which perform their tasks. It is better to choose your favorite ingredients or those you already have at home.
- ground coffee – 1 teaspoon
- cinnamon – 0,5 teaspoon
- nourishing cream – 0,5 teaspoon
Mix the ingredients and massage the skin of the lips for 1-2 minutes. In this proportion, the scrub is enough for three treatments. It has a luxurious fragrance that will remain on the lips for a long time.
- oat flakes – 1 teaspoon
- liquid honey – 1 tablespoon
- Vitamin E or A – 5 drops
Grind oat flakes in a coffee grinder, and mix the components. It is better to keep the scrub for 10 minutes, only then start scrubbing.
- candied honey – 1 tablespoon
- coconut oil – 5 drops
- olive oil – 5 drops
- food coloring
The amount of dye depends on the intensity of the color you want. This scrub can stand nicely on a shelf and be enjoyed visually. Its shelf life is quite long – up to one month in the refrigerator.
Scrub with baking soda
- sugar – 1 teaspoon
- soda – 0.5 teaspoon
- honey – 0.5 teaspoon
- coconut oil – 0,5 teaspoon
Mix the ingredients, apply the scrub, massage it, and rinse immediately. A very effective peeling, the use of which is not desirable if the skin is damaged. Soda has an aggressive effect on the epithelium, and tingling is possible.
- petroleum jelly – 1 teaspoon
- salt – 0,5 teaspoon
- sugar – 0,5 teaspoon
Vaseline can be replaced with glycerin. Then the product will be more liquid. This scrub can be made in any condition and at any time. The components are available in every home.
Universal scrub formula
The ideal exfoliator should perform two tasks: exfoliate and moisturize, containing at least two main ingredients. The ingredients of the scrub are chosen according to preference. You can choose any from this list and mix them:
- Coconut/olive/mint oil, etc.
- Aloe gel
- Vitamin A, E
- Fruit Juice
- Peach/apricot/grape seeds
- Oat flakes
Rules Of Using Home Scrub
- Before the procedure, you must remove all makeup and soften the skin. You can steam the entire face or apply warm water to a cotton pad and hold it on the lips for 1-2 minutes.
- The frequency of application of such peeling is 1-2 times a week. If used more often, you can traumatize the thin epithelium.
- Lips are massaged in a circular motion without pressure. Otherwise, you can damage the weathered skin.
- After rubbing, it is better to hold the scrub for a couple of minutes to absorb the moisturizing components.
- The scrub should be applied at room temperature.
The disadvantage of such a scrub is the lack of preservatives, ensuring long storage. The components do not provide sterility, so the reproduction of pathogenic microflora is possible. Therefore, storing the product in a cool, dark place for a maximum of 2 weeks is better.
Store cosmetics are also effective for scrubbing the lips, but the home procedure is suitable to save finances and make a remedy at any time.