Fine hair can be hereditary or change its structure under the influence of various factors. This type of hair is quite common. It requires increased attention and systematic special care.
Causes Of Fine Hair Formation
Fine hair is hair with a hair shaft cross-section of less than 0.05 mm. The cause of their thinness and dryness can be:
- Genetic predisposition – the genes responsible for hair shape, thickness, color and thickness are inherited;
- Improper care – frequent hot water washing, use of hair dryer, curling iron, electrical pliers or systematic perms and toning, change the structure of hair, increase hair loss, dry hair, making it thin and brittle;
- Disorders of the internal organs – hormonal dysfunction, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, unbalanced diet, CNS disorders (stress, infections), and the digestive system- can affect hair’s health, resulting in lifeless and sparse hair.
The problem of thin hair requires consultation with a trichologist. He will determine the cause of their thinning, prescribe laboratory and instrumental examination, make recommendations to improve their structure and proper care and choose therapeutic cosmetics.
Peculiarities Of Thin Hair Care
Improve the appearance of fine hair can be improved with the help of certain procedures, which should be carried out regularly at home and by visiting a beauty salon. Care for problematic hair consists of the following manipulations:
- Scalp washing – the hair should be cleaned 2-3 times a week using a shampoo with keratin and proteins, which give the hair extra volume and make it softer. After washing the head, apply balms, masks, or conditioners, followed by a thorough rinse with warm water. To give luster, you can additionally rinse them with a herbal decoction of chamomile, calendula, nettle, or a solution of apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp. water to 400 ml.). Clean wet hair is not rubbed, and gently blot with a towel to avoid trauma and breakage;
- drying the head – damp hair should be dried naturally, without using a hair dryer. Its use is possible only on slightly wet hair and only by directing the warm air from their ends, not in reverse, using a special brush with fine and short teeth. It is better to finish the drying procedure with a stream of cold air. Such a temperature contrast has a beneficial effect on the scalp, stimulating blood flow and microcirculation in the hair follicle;
- Combing hair – start combing the strands of hair from their ends with gentle and careful movements of the special comb or brush with natural bristles. It is better to comb short hair with a wooden comb that doesn’t traumatize the hair shaft and doesn’t make it electrifying. To improve the nutrition of hair follicles, you should conduct daily head massages with your hands or with a special massager for 3-5 minutes.
Masks with natural vegetable oils (burdock, olive) and special sprays strengthen, improve the structure, eliminate brittleness and increase the hair density. After such procedures, the elasticity of the hair increases. It becomes lusher and shiny and gets a healthy look.
Owners of thin hair need to visit beauty salons, where specialists provide special care for problematic curls using the latest advances in medical cosmetology. Modern salon procedures allow for strengthening and improving the structure of damaged and dull hair. Beauty salons offer several types of procedures depending on the type of scalp and individual features of a client.
This manipulation affects weak hair with a unique composition enriched with vitamins, minerals and other beneficial substances. This healing substance penetrates the hair shaft and forms a protective film on its surface. Such a procedure moisturizes and gives health and a beautiful appearance to the curls. There are several types of lamination:
- transparent – stimulates shine, increases hair volume, but does not change its color;
- color – it colors and protects the resulting color from being washed out, keeping curls shine and volume;
- Biolamination – product components contain only natural ingredients and are recommended for sensitive skin.
After lamination, it is easy to style the hair as it becomes thicker, denser and more manageable. It is better to make short or medium-length haircuts on these strands (cascade, asymmetrical, braids), as the hairstyle is visually more voluminous.
This procedure eliminates the problem of split ends, increasing the thickness of the hair shaft to give it shine and volume. The treatment technique consists of applying a particular high-density composition (in the form of an oil glaze) containing a large number of nutrients, ceramides and moisturizing components to the entire length of hair up to the roots.
By forming a protective film, the damaged areas of the rod are closed, and its diameter is thickened. Such a coating is practiced in the form of:
- colorless – restores the structure of curls, giving them shine and luster;
- color – tinted pigments in the product provide hair with permanent coloring, volume and shine.
This coating protects them from the external environment’s harmful effects, allowing you to change the color of hair and increase its volume.
This method of eliminating the problem involves comprehensive care for thin and brittle hair, including applying a protective agent with amino acids, oils, soy protein, and plant extracts that nourish and protect damaged hair.
This treatment is identical to the glazing and screening of hair but has a more significant therapeutic effect. It is performed by applying a colorless or colored composition to the hair, which gives it volume, beautiful tone, shine and protection.
Systematic and proper care for thin hair will help women cope with this problem, resulting in healthy, attractive, beautiful hairstyles.