The foundation is designed to camouflage the imperfections of the facial skin. The cosmetics market offers a large selection of such products, but not all cope with the task, and some, because of the poor composition, only aggravate inflammation. What kind of foundation to choose for problem skin? The answer to the question is in the article.
Table of Contents
Before we proceed to the choice of foundation for the problematic dermis, it is worth considering the main types of such products. Among them:
- Cream base. A product whose composition has a light liquid consistency. The advantage is that the foundation does not clog pores and acts as a non-comedogenic product. When applied, the composition does not interfere with the oxygen exchange of the skin with the environment. The composition of the foundation cream includes mostly oils that have a masking effect.
- Dense cream. This means a heavier texture than the first version, which can disguise even severe skin imperfections. Such a product is recommended for use when creating an evening image. The composition should be applied using a brush or sponge.
- Camouflage or cream corrector. Such a product has the densest and thickest structure, ideal for masking large scars, acne, and other skin flaws. The product contains silicone or wax, so the cream creates a mask effect when applied to the face and clogs pores.
When choosing a foundation for problematic dermis is recommended to give preference to hypoallergenic and lightweight formulations, which will provide adequate care for sensitive derma.
The Right Composition Of Foundation
It is not difficult to choose a foundation if you decide in advance what it should contain. Owners of problem skin should take care that the composition of the concealer is as natural as possible and includes anti-inflammatory components. Common ingredients include:
- olamina piroctone;
- benzoyl peroxide.
Also, the cream should contain ingredients that can camouflage problem areas and vitamins to nourish the epidermis. Preference can be given to foundations with:
- salicylic acid;
- licorice root;
- quince seeds.
Cosmetologists also recommend paying attention to creams, which contain extracts of valuable plants and extracts.
How To Choose Foundation
Problematic skin requires careful care and a responsible approach to the choice of tone. The cream you plan to hide imperfections should have a homogeneous texture with no lumps. The consistency of the product should be medium – not too liquid or thick.
Additionally, when buying a foundation is worth considering the following:
- Degree of camouflage. Toner should primarily hide dermal lesions but not clog the skin recesses, provoking the development of inflammation.
- Composition. As already noted, it should be as healthy as possible for problem skin. It is better to choose creams with tea tree extract, which have shown themselves well in studies.
- Product density. Too thick cream will lie on the face a dense mask, and liquid cream is not always able to cope. The tone for problem skin should have a medium density.
In addition, it is recommended to pay attention to the manufacturer and the cost of the product. It is not recommended to buy expensive products, as not all demonstrate the best results when working with problematic skin.
Top 4 Foundations
Toner manufacturers regularly release new options, slowing down the process of finding the right product for a girl. It is worth reducing the list of existing products to the most optimal options to simplify the process. Among them:
- Clinique. Among the product’s features are velvety skin coverage and excellent masking of the imperfections of the upper layer of the dermis. The composition of toners contains salicylic acid, which has a positive effect on the skin.
- La Roche-Posay. A perfect way to conceal imperfections without creating a mask that clogs pores. The cream is suitable for those who prefer to use a small amount of makeup.
- BB cream from Holika. The product of the Korean manufacturer, with the help of which it will be possible to hide even the most problematic areas. It is recommended to apply the product with a brush or sponge. The composition of the foundation includes tea tree oil.
- Zero Flaws product. The feature of the cream is a pleasant, fluid texture. The product perfectly masks without forming a thick film and allowing pores to breathe. It is not recommended to use on dry skin, as the composition can emphasize flakiness and spoil the image.
Choosing a foundation for problem skin is easy if you decide in advance on the type and manufacturer of products.