Dandruff is a problem that almost everyone faces in the course of life. It is not a classical disease. It is primarily a symptom of disorders in the body and should be eliminated. Often dandruff is a consequence of constant stressful situations in the patient’s life. It is necessary to treat it comprehensively, not only to eliminate the unpleasant consequences.
Usually, when it is detected, people try to cure themselves. Various masks, shampoos and other cosmetic products are used to do this. In most cases, this approach does not help, or the effect is temporary, despite the type. Hair loses its natural shine, becomes unruly, and begins to fall out more. There are many development factors that are individual for each person.
The occurrence of seborrhea is associated with malfunctions in the organs and systems of the body. In this regard, when dandruff occurs, doctors recommend not to self-medicate. To help solve the problem, a competent specialist can appoint the necessary tests and examinations. In this case, the use of cosmetics is inappropriate, as the disease is deep, not superficial.
Table of Contents
Main Causes Of Dandruff
The occurrence of the problem can be due to many reasons. That is why self-treatment often does not give the necessary result. It is better to go immediately to a specialist for qualified help.
For the desired effect it is necessary to eliminate the following:
- Deficiency of vitamins “A” and “B”;
- Sleep and wakefulness disorders;
- Psychological overstrain;
- Severe overexertion;
- Decreased immunity;
- Poor diet;
- Regular use of hair dryers, and curling irons for hair styling;
- Wearing a hat on wet hair;
- Prolonged exposure to the sun without protection;
- Endocrine disorders;
- Gastrointestinal diseases;
- Fungal diseases;
- Hormonal system malfunction;
- The use of poor-quality shampoos, masks and other cosmetics for hair.
Most people do not rush to see a doctor, but first self-treat, using various folk methods. In this case, there is a chance to get rid of the problem and aggravate the situation. Treating the skin with mustard can lead to dermatitis or other skin diseases.
Symptoms of the pathology are accompanied by itching and peeling. There are characteristic white flakes visible on clothing, which causes psychological discomfort. Scales in large quantities fall when combing the hair.
Types And Features Of Dandruff
- Dry. It is caused by improper functioning of the sebaceous glands. Too little sebum is secreted. The skin becomes excessively dry, so the skin exfoliates. Increased sensitivity, which leads to itching. This should not be done, as the problem will only worsen. Wounds will form where bacteria can enter, leading to an inflammatory process;
- Oily. Such a form is characterized by profuse sebum secretion. This substance reduces oxygen absorption by the skin. Various bumps can form on the skin. That is, an inflammatory process occurs. It can provoke psoriasis, which is severe.
Foods That Cause Dandruff
- Baked goods and other sweets;
- Salty, greasy, and spicy foods;
- Canned foods;
- Fried foods;
- Smoked foods;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Strong coffee and tea in large quantities.
These foods are in the diet of almost everyone. They activate the sebaceous glands. Negative external manifestations indicate that there are disorders inside the body.
There are preventive and therapeutic procedures. First, a specialist prescribes the necessary tests and examinations to accurately diagnose the cause of the problem, not just eliminate the consequence. If a hereditary predisposition causes seborrhea, it is worth adhering to the recommendations.
Ketoconazole-based medications are considered the most effective. It is better to choose vitamins with the attending physician so that the treatment is carried out under the supervision of a specialist. They help to eliminate the problem. Many cosmetic products for dandruff are on sale, but they all remove the consequence. In the future, the problem may arise again. The main sign of proper treatment is beautiful hair already without dandruff.
Just A Few Recommendations From Doctors
- Undergo a comprehensive examination to rule out the presence of serious chronic diseases;
- Hormone therapy, if necessary, after an accurate diagnosis;
- Administration of vitamins;
- Antifungal agents;
- Physical therapy procedures;
- Choosing the right and safe cosmetics.
In some cases, correction of the patient’s diet and lifestyle is additionally carried out. Only a comprehensive approach will eliminate the problem, not only its external manifestations.